Friday, March 12, 2010

My Family, and DMV nightmares

So Today I only worked half a day. My work is not approving overtime, but if you want to work half day Friday and half day Saturday, you can. I opted for this today. I had to go to the DMV to renew my drivers license. NV has these new licenses  with some new fandangled face recognition thing going on, and everyone has to get their licenses changed. So I went in at my normal time of 5am and when I got home around 9:30 this is what I find:
 I know the picture is a litte dark, my phoe kinda sucks. But here is my baby, Scrappy laying on the bed snoring away... Along with my husband. :)  E has been out of work for a few months now. So he and Scrappy get to stay home and sleep in! Not fair... ;)                                                                                   
E went with me to the DMV. We were there for 3 hours! The line was just ridiculous! We went to 2 diff locations  before we found one that had a smaller line. And when I say smaller, I mean the line wasn't around the corner of the building. It just ended At the corner of the building! While we are in line, the guy in front of us sees his long lost buddy, who he just asked to stay in line with him and cut in front of about 10 people! Then he proceded to fart several times while we were in line. You know the silent but deadly ones? Yeah that was them! Then this woman was in line with her twin boys who had to be about 2 or 3 years old. They were super cute, but it must have been naptime, b/c one of the boys screamed and cried the entire time we were in line. I felt bad that she was alone with the 2 boys, but the one just wanted her to hold him and the mom refused! How can you let your child scream like that when he just wants you to hold him? Idk Finnaly right before we got to the Information Desk the boys dad shows up and takes the fussy one. I mean really?? we were in line for like 2 hours! You can't pick up your kid! Ugh! Anyway, Then we had to get our number and wait patiently for it to be called. Fun way to spend my Friday!                                                            

I'm trying to do something with this blog to liven it up a bit. I noticed that it looked very depressing with the Black background and my posts have been pretty dark. I just can't seem to find the right background that fits the mood appropriatley.                                                                                                                               

I have noticed that since I have been taking the Thyroid medication I have been alot more alert and energized throughout the day. I think it is the medication, I mean I am working out, but I'm not sure which one or maby both are doing this miraculous thing! Usually I am so sluggish during the day, that sometimes it is hard to keep my eyes open. But the past week I have been feeling great! I mean I get up at 3:50am everymorning! I barely need coffee anymore! Which might be a good thing, b/c I have heard that to much caffine has a hand in infertility problems.  If this is true I am not realy sure. But I'm willing to follow any "helpful" advice out there. :)                                                                                                                                                     
So I'm off to do my workout, and tonight my show is on. I am secretly addicted to Ghost Whisperer. I love that show! It is so cheesy, but I love Jennifer Love Hewitt, and the storylines aren't that bad... E hates the show. lol     Well have a good Friday everyone!                                                                                           







A step mom's tale of infertility and other crazy life happenings.
MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

some how, some way, some day said...

I have heard DMV horror stories for years. Thankfully, I have never had one on my own. We live in a smal town and it isn't usually too bad of a wait.
Hey, I love Ghost Whisperer, too! Wasn't last night's a good one? I was really jumpy during that episode; it was kinda scary!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

I know! it was pretty scary, i don't like the kid ghosts at all! lol

S.I.F. said...

I am so totally secretly addicted to Ghost Whisperer too! I just love Jennifer Love Hewitt, and I love that the show never freaks me out but always makes me think!