Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A new day

Last night E and I went to go see a talk @ our church by a man named David Parkes. The night started out with the Rosary.. I felt a little like my mother dragging my step-dad to some crazy church function, lol ! We were the youngest people there, so I was a little worried how this was going to turn out. I figured since it is Lent we need to do something spiritual together. But the night turned out to be Amazing! This man gave a little bio of his life, how he fell away from the Church, was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and after 12 years of living with that he was healed on a trip to Medjugorje. His talk was short, but the night was about the power of prayer threw song. This man surprised us with his beautiful voice. He would give a little talk, and then sing something amazing, and it was to bring us closer to God, and to find some sense of healing in ourselves. E and I left there with an overwhelming sense of love, and hope. It was such an awesome experience to be in prayer like that. David Parkes travels around the world giving these talks. So If he comes to your area, go see him! :)

Tomorrow I am going to the Dr. office for my test results. I'm very anxious to find out what the heck is going on! I already know that I do not ovulate every month, but we tried Clomid already and that didn't work, I just feel that there is something else... But this month is a very special month for me. It is my B-day month, and it is the month to celebrate the life of St. Joseph.
St. Joseph is my patron Saint. While my mother was pregnant with me, she and my dad were going threw a divorce. My mom prayed to St. Joseph to watch over me and be my dad b/c she knew I wouldn't have one here. I was born on his feast day, and my name means "lilly" , and St. Joseph is always shown with lilly's .. I know its not much, and maby a little silly, but it really means something special to me. My entire life I have had a special devotion to him. Whatever I have prayed for, he has helped me. I have started a 30 day Novena to St. Joseph this month. And I am looking forward to the graces that I will find at the end of this prayer. :)

3 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Good luck with those test results! All new test results scare me, so I hope you get the answers you are hoping for!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

That is awesome that you were born on his feast day! I love St. Joseph and my husband and I had a special devotion towards him when were dating / engaged. We prayed the Litany of St. Joseph every night over the phone and also another prayer asking for his intercession. He has been such a dear intercessor for us and I am currently asking him to intercede for us for a special intention. I hope you have a great birthday month! God Bless! St. Joseph, pray for us!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Can you tell I am crazy about lilies too? My blogger picture is of a lily! It is actually a real lily that I saw in the hotel lobby of a hotel in Argentina. (I was there on work.) I took a picture of it because it was so beautiful. I am glad to have found your blog and look forward to following you. God Bless!