Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I hope I made the right decision!

So, yesterday I started my new job. Yikes! Did I make the right decision here? I left a decent job, pay was alright, people were ok. Maby not the perfect job, but it was good. I did get a pay raise for this new place, but... Something just isn't clicking here. We have training for 2 weeks, and the trainer is horrible!
How can I explain this .. She makes up stories about past trainees, and you can tell that they are so not true! She talks super fast and just breezes threw everything. I am mentally checking out most of the day. How awful is that? My girlfriend works here, and she warned me about the trainer, but nothing could have prepared us for what she did today. We went to lunch at 12:00, lunch is an hour. We got back at 1, and didn't see our trainer till 3:30! WTH??? Really?? I mean it was nice getting paid for nothing, but this was ridiculous! I am hoping that once I get out on the floor things will be different.

I don't think that I have really talked about our housing situation. E and I want to move sooo bad! We bought our house at the peak of the housing market, and now are upside down like no body's business! We have nobody here, no family, we have fired most of our friends, mainly because of their lifestyles. G is not here anymore. So it is pointless for us to be living here. Besides, I miss my family so much. Going home once a year is just not enough. E is from Vegas, I'm not. He only has one sister, and she and their mom moved to NY. That is where E's mom is from. This is just not the place for me. People come and go all the time, it is hard to put down roots in a place like this. My family is from Cincinnati, and I love it there. I love the people and the city, I love the food. Yes I love Skyline! If you didn't grow up on it, most people hate it.. lol. But we can't move. Not yet. We can't rent our house b/c our mortgage is so high. Right now with all the foreclosures, you can rent a house twice the size of ours for half the price! You can even buy a house twice the size of ours for half the price! We are just trying to decide what the best way is to go about this.. We might be able to do a loan mod, but it's not guaranteed, and we have heard so many horror stories about the loan mods not being what they thought. Some of the Banks are not as helpful as you would think. Hmmm imagine that!
I have a friend who is a Realtor, and he keeps trying to get us to Short Sale. But that will wreck our credit, and you can't buy a new home for 1-2 years after! We want to be able to move, and buy a new home. We really don't want to lose our house, or ruin our credit just to move because we want to move. It is driving me crazy not knowing what to do, or what is going to happen. All I know is that I want to get out of here and move back with my family. My little sister is having another baby, and I am going to miss this birth, just like I missed all the rest!

Here is a little background. I am one of 8 +1 I have a step brother, so he only half counts! lol. there are 7 girls, and 1 brother and 1 step brother. All of my sisters have kids. Except my baby sister, she is still in High School. So far there are 22 nieces and nephews. I am the only one who hasn't been able to get pregnant.. The only one who has this problem. I feel like if I can go home, somehow everything will be better for us. Everyday I pray that we can move. I hope it is Gods will for us. I don't know how it can't be.

3 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I will ask St. Joseph to do some double duty for you in regards to the housing situation! You and him have a tight thing going - so I don't think this will be a big deal to ask him to help out more! ;) Happy EASTER!

S.I.F. said...

Oh wow - I am praying for you to be able to go home too! If I had a family like that, I would for sure want to be there too!

some how, some way, some day said...

Hmmmm.....that's a tough spot. I, too, will pray to St. Joseph. My aunt buried the Joseph statue from her nativity in her yard to help sell the house. It worked! St. Joseph is powerful!