Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Infertility Awareness Week

So most of you know it is Infertility Awareness Week. I finally just let the whole world know about my infertility on my Facebook. It was a little scary to put it out there for all to see. I wasn't sure how people would respond. I think most people so far have ignored it, I mean what do you say to someone who posts "hey I'm infertile!" lol. I'm not sure I would comment or even bring it up to them. But I was a little surprised that one of our friends commented that he too is infertile. Its just something that people don't talk about. I never would have known that he is going threw this if I hadn't spoken out. If posting about the infertility has helped one person out there not feel alone, then I'm glad I did it! :)
Of course there is always one person who is just so insensitive and annoying. I work with this girl who at first I thought was nice, we became FB friends, but the more I get to know her the more I want to stay away from her! She came up to me and said "I saw your FB status, I didn't know. Are you sad?"
How did I respond to this without punching her in the face? I just looked at her and told her that it is something that I have to deal with and now I have to get back to work. Wow! some people!

*****************************

Now onto something that is just really sad. One of the boss's at work 13 year old son was killed yesterday. He was riding his bike to school, and was hit by a van. The driver was an older man, no drugs or alcohol involved. He was not speeding. The boy wasn't wearing a helmet. They said that he may have survived if he was wearing one. It is just really horrible. I can't even imagine what that family is going threw. If you can all send some prayers towards that family, they really need it.

3 comments:

the misfit said...

I will pray for your coworker's son. That's so sad for his family.

JellyBelly said...

It's always so sad when a child dies, especially when it's a preventable death.

Btw, I think that you should punch your insensitive co-worker in the face. And no, I'm not joking. ;)

Waiting Lisa said...

That is so sad. I am so sorry about your co-worker's son.

Congratulations on "coming out" on Facebook. That is not an easy thing to do so you should be proud of yourself!