Wednesday, May 19, 2010

diet update and other stuff.

Thank you gals for the support with the weight loss thing, and Jelly Belly I think the bowel prep might be the way to go! hahah!
I have read over and over again that with the PCOS you need to follow a low carb or low gi (glycemic index) diet. It sucks! I love me some bread! :)
So far the Atkins shakes that I found at Wal-Mart, are ok, and it does fill me up for breakfast with an apple. I will have some carbs at lunch to keep me going, or else I get the shakes. So just no carbs at night with dinner. Tonight we are having Salmon, with a salad, and I'll make E a potato. He is trying to gain weight. Ugh! he makes me sick! ;) jk.

I have a new DVD that I'm trying, and so far I like it! It is the Jillian Micheals
"30 Day Shred" I'll let you know how it works out for me.




Sooo. I quit my job! I hate this place where I'm at now. I know I just started 2 months ago, but it's the pitts! I got my old job back and a raise! Yesss! Technically my last day will be the 28th, but.... I'm thinking I might just leave this Friday. I could use a week off.

Monday I got my blood checked for my thyroid. I'm pretty sure I know the results. My BBT's are super low still, so my #'s aren't where they should be for a normally functioning thyroid. I forgot to call my Dr. today, and now they are closed! darn it! And since I don't have insurance right now, my Dr. said he would give talk to me about what to do next if my results weren't what he wanted, but the office staff is no bueno so we'll see how that one goes.

So I'm off to get "totally shredded!" :) Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

S.I.F. said...

OK, old job back + a raise sounds pretty incredible if you ask me!! Way to go lady!

JellyBelly said...

Well instead of doing a bowel prep (although I did find a Citromag cleanse while I was looking for tips on how to prep for my colonscopy!!!!).

I've lost a bunch of weight since I went gluten-free. I haven't noticed, but I've heard friends comment on how much I've lost since last year. I've totally lost any "baby fat" I had on my face and I'm definitely less hungry now that I don't eat gluten.

Just a thought....

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

thanks S.I.F.! yeah I made out ok I think! :)
Gluten free might be easier to do than just cut back on carbs. It's got to be easier reading the lables at the store! I'm definatley giving it some thought! and way to go JB on losing that weight! :)