Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Happy Mothers day to all you mothers, mothers to-be and wanna be mothers like me! :)

So E took me out to I-Hop today for breakfast. It was jam packed, but it was nice to go out! I had a yummy Hazelnut coffee.. ohhh it was sooo good. :)
Gabe called me today to wish me a happy mothers day. It made me a little sad and happy at the same time. It's weird being a step-mom. I know Gabe loves me, but I'm not his mother. I'm his dad's wife, and really, I'm more like a really cool aunt. I always get mixed feelings on this day.
BUT.. I don't want today to be all about how sad I am that I don't have any children of my own to call me mom.
Today is about my mom. I love my mommy. She is so great, she has always been there for me no matter what. And even though I gave her a hard time growing up, and maby she did things that I thought were a little wacky, she has always loved me and done what she thought was best for me and my sisters. She has done a tremendous job at raising all 8 of us and I am blessed to have her as a mother. :)

Mom and some sisters

Sisters:


my "baby"


an old pic of me and Gabe

4 comments:

Trustful Surrender said...

Love the last picture! So cute!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

thanks! it's my favorite one.

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

The pitty is so gorgeous :) We need to have a pitty playdate sometime!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

thanks TCIE! we sure should! :)