Saturday, May 8, 2010

Low Temps, and weekend fun

Nice combo title hu? Sorry I have been MIA on the bloggs this week. It's been a long and tiresome week, but I promise to get caught up asap!
So I've decided to start charting again. E and I charted when we first got married, did the whole NFP thing. It was great, for a while. So after 2 years of charting and just being plain annoyed with the whole thing, we quit. We decided that we would let nature take its course and everything would be fine. So now here we are 2 more years later, and nothing is happening! I know that with your waking temps you can get an idea of how your thyroid is working. My temps have almost always been crazy low.
I finally bought a new thermometer, because I decided that the one I had must have been broken, because there is no way my temps could be that low unless the darn thing was broke! Welllll... I guess it wasn't broke. For a week my temps were 96.9. Am I even alive??? what is this? I'ts total craziness that they are so low. Until today I got a 97.5! whoo hooo! And fertile CM. Well maby not fertile, but you know what I mean. ;) I Almost don't even want to start charting again, but I know it will be helpful in determining what is and isn't working.
Like my thyroid. I'm not sure if the medication is doing it's thang. I mean I have not been as tired as I was, and feeling alot better, but I'm also not working such an early shift anymore. I just know my temps are too low for my thyroid to be working properly. I'll be getting some blood work done here soon, so I'll know for sure.

So this weekend is super busy for me. And I say for me because I usually don't do that much. E and I like to stay home most of the time. I did have to work this morning which was sooo boring. But then I had to go to Toys R Us. A friend of mine, M, who actually isn't even a good friend anymore, is having a birthday party for her 1 year old. I don't even know the kid, but we were friends and I'm trying on my part. After she had her baby we lost touch. I called her a few times, but she never invited me over to see her baby, so I quit calling her. Then a few months ago a mutual friend was having a baby shower, and we ran into each other there. M got all excited to see me and said she got a new phone and lost my #, but she really wanted to get together again. So A few weeks later I called to see if she wanted to meet up for lunch or something, and she couldn't' make it. That was the last I heard from her, until now. So I went out spent $35.00 on a toy,card, and wrapping paper on a kid I don't even know! I don't know why, but this irks me. Should I not be irked by this? I mean I'm going to a baby's birthday alone, with people I don't know at all. It seems kinda weird to me that she even invited me. Oh well. It's an outside party, so at least I'll get some sun!

Tonight my girlfriends and I are going out to a restaurant/bar that is partially owned by one of my good friends. It's a Croatian (sp?) restaurant. My friend Ela is from Germany, and Croatia, and there is this whole community of Croatians here. I have been there before, and hardly anyone speaks english, but the food is pretty good. We definitely should have a good time. It's been a while since we had a girls night, and I really need one! :)

So I'm going to leave you with a pic of my amazing salad I made last night. It was so good, I just had to share! The Balsamic Vinaigrette is the best!

No comments: