Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day and weekend update

Hey everyone! Happy Memorial Day! Thanks to all our military men and women who have served this country!

So, thank you all for your advice with the hubby! I'm glad I'm not alone in this situation. So everything ended up pretty good. :) Friday it ended up being to windy and cold for us to go hiking, so we went to play Putt Putt instead. We had a really good time trying to beat each other, and spent the entire day hanging out and talking. On Sat we finally went hiking. It was amazing! The trail took about 2 hours up and back. There is still snow up in the mountains, and most of it is melted, so there were beautiful streams and spots where we had to hike threw the packed snow. Although it was very beautiful, it is straight up the entire way, and the path is full of rocks! I thought I might just die. ;) E kept cheering me on to keep going, and I did it! My lungs were going to burst, and I thought for sure I might pass out from the elevation. But somehow I made it ok, and by the time we got to the top, I felt amazing! The way down was so much easier. I love the downhill. hahah. I am so out of shape! Even though I have been working out everyday, this mountain kicked my butt! I think it's the elevation, b/c even when we first got up there, my lungs hurt pretty bad. But we are definitely going to do this more often!
I tried to post some pics of it, but E put them in some folder that is not allowing me to put them on here. ugh! there on my FB page, but I'll try to get them on here maby tomorrow.

So Sat after the hike, we were soooo tired, But E's friend was in town and we made plans after dinner. E took me out to dinner Sat night, and while we were there, there was a family sitting next to us. They had a new baby along with a few other kids. The baby was starting to make a fuss and cry a bit, and the mom says "lets get out of here before this nice couple decides not to have any kids" And I wanted to cry. Usually I don't get that upset with kids and people who have kids, but the fact that she made this comment about people not wanting kids b/c hers is crying?? Idk. It felt awful to hear that. We told her it didn't bother us, but she insisted it did and she would leave at once so we weren't bothered! I wanted to tell her that if she didn't want a crying baby I'll take it! And I wanted to shout out that I can't have kids! It felt like after sharing such a beautiful day together, it was just thrown out the door. I tried to put it past me, but the rest of the dinner all I could think of was how lucky this family is to have those children, and I may never get that chance. I didn't tell E how I felt, but I think he could tell.

Anyway after that we met up w/ E's friend and watched the UFC fight. E's friend and his g/f stayed at our house that night and we stayed up entirely too late, and had waay to much to drink! We really don't ever go out and drink, so only after a few drinks I was feeling it! But we had a great time. The entire weekend E and I spent together talking and sharing new things. It was fantastic! I love my husband! :)

So here's a question. If I'm taking my temps do I have to use a Basal Thermometer??
Here is why I ask. I am using a Basal thermometer now, but the temps are waaayyy too low. Like the other day it showed 96.6 . E said to try the regular thermometer and it came up 97.5! E said that according to my basal thermometer I was hypothermic and about to die! lol. I tried explaining to him the importance of the basal thermometer, but he insists that it doesn't matter! And I think that he thinks this, b/c he was supposed to have bought me a basal thermometer, and got a regular one instead, and he feels bad that he got the wrong one, and since he has to be right all the time, that the regular one he bought will do what I need it to do. Does any of this make sense?? lol. I'm rambling I know. sorry!
So there is my update from the amazing weekend that I had with my wonderful hubby, who by the way decided that I need to now refer to him as BigE on my blogs! hahaha. He's crazy! :)
*************
Oh, weight loss info: only lost 1 lb this week. totally sucks! but a lb is a lb right?? :)

6 comments:

some how, some way, some day said...

Hey, does your thermometer have a little thing that flashes when your temp is being taken? Mine does and I keep taking my temp(after it beeps) until it stops flashing. I was running into the same thing until I decided to keep it in longer one day. Let me know how it goes!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

It does have a flshy thing! I think I will try that tomorrow. I'm using both thermometers now and recording both to see what happens.. lol. I don't know if I'll ever figure this thing out!

S.I.F. said...

I love that you are almost running an experiment between the two thermometers! HA! I would be doing the same thing... just to show him! :)

And I'm sorry about the run in with the couple. I really wish that more women were aware of women like us... I think at the very least it may help them to appreciate their children more; even when they are crying.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I agree...it's hard to hear the fertiles complain sometimes. My sister in law complains that my six week old nephew won't sleep a wink unless he's being held, and I just want to yell at her that I would hold him all day every day if I could!!!

It still hurts even though most of the time people mean well. And with infertility, it's so hidden, there is no outward physical sign that would make people realize they need to be more sensitive. I agree with SIF that if people knew what we go through they would appreciate their blessings!

Sissy said...

I never knew why it had to be a basal either, but I bought one and used it!

Jenny said...

I run into the same thing with my basal temp taker! My temps this month have gone down instead of up! Maybe I need to leave it in longer!!! Great question and great advice! Thanks!