Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm so hungry ... oh so hungry!!!

No carbs = a cranky Suzie! This PCOS Diet thingy sucks! I mean how on earth do we survive with no carbs! Or Chocolate!? Can you tell it's getting close to cd1? lol. I've got about 7 more days. I usually get some strong cravings for some Starbucks and chocolate, and cheese around this time, then it dies down as I get closer to the day. But I'm STARVING!!! Ok maby not starving, but I feel terrible. Supposedly I'm cleansing my body of all the bad things by eating whole foods and stuff like that.

Here is my diet today
Breakfast: Protien shake ( yes I can have this, the book said if your pressed for time it's ok + it's chocolate ;) )

Snack: apple

Lunch: Organic Vegitable Soup (all veggies no potatoes or pasta in it)

Snack: Cherry tomatoes

Dinner: burger salad. I made turkey burgers tonight, and I chopped mine up into a salad w/ lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, and mustard on top. I have to say it was pretty tasty! :) mmm!

It's not the exact meal plan that is laid out in the book, but they said as long as your eating only the foods on the "approved" list your ok. Because honestly I will never make some of the items it gives recipies for.

Now. I want a chocolate cheesecake! Really Thats all I can think about. Today at work this girl was munching away on a Snickers bar and thats all I wanted all day till I got home. I have taken all change out of my purse so even if I want some horrible food, I can't. I've been getting up earlier to work out for 30 min in the morning because I am just too exhausted when I get home!
I'm trying to remind myself why I am doing this. I want to keep my clear skin. I had terrible breakouts for years! I want to lose weight. I want to get preggo! I think those are pretty good reasons to keep with it dont you?

5 comments:

Ann - Building a Nest said...

I eat low carb (tonight was an exception . . .I promise it doesn't happen all that often), but the hunger does lessen (still . . . I find the soup for lunch rarely fills me up and I generally eat a few nuts as a snack). Good luck!

Danya said...

Can you have fruit leathers? They can be a healthy alt. to dessert, at least for me. I've also heard that anise knocks out cravings for choc. like anise gum or lozenges...What I usually do though when I can't stop thinking about food and I can't have it is...take a bubble bath, a nice one. At least you're increasing self discipline which is something I sorely need to do!

Faith makes things possible said...

I was actually going to ask you how the diet was going and well...it definitely seems tough! I do love my carbs and to think about not having them, well...I would certainly be a bit (ok, a lot) cranky!!

Sew said...

That sounds like thyroid to me.

prayerfuljourney said...

I am horrible at changing my diet. I need to and want to but it's hard to stay motivated. Sounds like you are doing well and finding things that you like to eat. That is what it's all about. Keep us posted on what you are eating and how it's going. I'm interested.