Sunday, June 6, 2010

A New Day.

Many many thanks to all of you for your kind words, and support. I cried reading all the wonderful comments. Really I don't know how I could get threw some of these days without all of you! :)

Things have definitely gotten better over the weekend. Friday I was still a little bit on the hormonal side, and I broke down to E. I just started crying and blubbering all over the place. It kindof forced E and I to have a talk about all this IF business. It turns out that we weren't exactly on the same page. He didn't think that I was very serious about the whole having a baby right now thing as I actually am, and I was afraid to bring it up all the time. I didn't want to have to "try" so hard. I didn't want to have to time when we have sex. I didn't want things to get boring. Of course E just laughed when I said that b/c he said it will never get boring! :) So allot of good things came out of my cry-fest. We talked allot and figured out what we are going to do to make this happen. I expressed my concern about how long and how much do we try? E said we try till we have a baby. So that works for me!

We haven't done to much this weekend. It hit the triple digits so it's kinda hard to get out. Today its 107! omg its super hot out there! We are just getting everything ready for Gabe to get here. Only 3 more days!

So I bought this book called the PCOS Diet book. I'm just beginning to read it, and it is not going to be easy! It's really neat so far, as explaining the PCOS, why I am always hungry, my hormones, what effects what in our bodies. I'm pretty excited to try to follow this diet. But there are no carbs to start! No pasta, no waffles, no bagels, and worst of all no cheese! I love cheese! Actually if I could live off of cheese and double fudge brownies, I would! :)
I was going to just dive into the diet, but there is allot to read and to understand what it is that I am doing in this diet and how it works for me, so I am going to read the entire book first, and then start on it. So I figure by next week I should be ready to go. I'll keep you all updated on how it is working and what is going on, and if any of you have any questions feel free to email me!

Happy Sunday to all of you!

6 comments:

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Good luck on the diet, it is super difficult to give up all of your favorite foods not to mention the most common foods you eat (I didn't realize just how much gluten I ate all day long until I gave it up!) - but it feels good in the end to have committed to something.

I was watching Pit Boss last night and thought of you cuz there was a beautiful blue pit :)

Jenny said...

Good luck with the diet! I was going to attempt to be vegan for about a week for a goal of mine, but I love cheese and dairy so much I don't know if I could do it!

It's good that you finally had a chat with your husband. Our talk about seriously having a baby started with me blubbering like a dork too, so you're all good. :)

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Ugh...I just typed a whole comment and it disappeared into cyberspace. (I think my internet connection was lost momentarily)...anyway, I was going to mention that 1) regarding the temps in Vegas - CRAZY...I am glad I live in MN...and yes, I am sure it is a "dry heat", but still anything about 85 is too hot for me! 2) I am glad you had a good cry with E. Mr. B and I had one a couple weeks ago (me - crying, him trying to understand what I was crying) and I think it was helpful. Here's to you guys now being on the same page! ;)

Waiting Lisa said...

I'm glad you had a great talk with your husband. It's important to keep checking in and making sure you are on the same page.

Why can't you eat cheese? I thought cheese was low carb. I was just thinking last night how much I love cheese, hahaha.

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Thanks TCIE! I love my pit, they are such great dogs! :)
It may be a "dry" heat Joy, but it is still so horribly hot, you really can't go anywhere! If it could stay at 75 that would be great.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had a good cry with the Mr. It does really help.

Lisa, this particular diet is supposed to start you off with just the basics of food. According to this plan we are supposed to eat like our ancestors did, hunter gatherer style. There are 2 phases to the diet, and the first phase no dairy b/c of the fat content in it. After the first phase you can incorperate cheese in moderation. THis is supposed to help with the PCOS symptoms. So we'll see!

S.I.F. said...

That means for the next week you eat good lady! Take advantage of it!

And I'm so sorry you had such a rough weekend, but I'm glad good seems to have come from it at least!