Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th update, and I'm an awesome step mom!

The 4th was pretty cool this year. We usually buy our illegal fireworks and blow em up in the street with our neighbors, but last year someone's palm tree caught on fire in our neighborhood, and there were lots of police patrolling the area this year! lol. So we went to Lake Las Vegas. It was so beautifull there, but it was unbelievealbly hot! We were so sweaty it was awefull! But I am glad that there are no mosquito's out here! There was a live band and they had a group of guys showing off there b boy skills! According to Gabe it was "sick!" After the fireworks show, the parking lot was jam packed! We were in the overflow lot and we sat there for 2 hours! But we had a good time just hanging out in the car. Gabe said he likes to just jam out in the car, so we cranked up the stereo and jammed out for 2 hours! lol so, last night Gabe hugged me and said I was the best step mom ever! I wanted to cry! He is so sweet. And I know I shouldn't be so happy about this, but he was on the phone with his mom tonight and I heard him tell her that he loves it here and doesn't want to leave our house. I can't help but to feel so proud that I have made a good home for him!

8 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

Sounds like you have a great relationship with your stepson. That is a blessing! Glad you enjoyed your 4th!

Sara Renee said...

You look great in your picture! Very happy! Gabe is a lucky boy, you're the "sickest" stepmother I know, lol.

Glad your 4th was great!!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Aw, that is so sweet!!! That must have felt good! And Gabe is a cute kid! :)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Glad you had a good 4th! Kudos to you for being #1 stepmom!! :-)

the misfit said...

Aww. He is such a cutie. But then, so is his dad!

AL said...

Cute step son!

Glad you had a great 4th :-)

mrsblondies said...

Cute stepson and how sweet that he was having such a good time and told you so.

Ann - Building a Nest said...

What a cutie!