Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where oh where are you CM?

I'm wondering where this CM has gone?? A few months back it was here and loud and proud! But over the past few months it has been drier than the Sahara! I have no idea what happend. I wasn't drinking coffee, I've been on this diet, I've been excersizing daily. What is going on??? Does anyone know of any home remedies to bring it back?? Its been really annoying to have to deal with. I feel so bad for poor E, he understands but I hate it!
So I was doing really good with no coffee at all! But I have been craving a Caramel Macchiato so I took Gabe with me on Sunday. We went to the used book store, which I love more than any other store :), and then went to Starbucks. Gabe got this HUGE cookie, I mean it was seriously the size of his head! And of course I got my Caramel Macchiato, as I was drinking it I looked over and saw this:

I almost choked on my drink! Only a IF would think that this was funny. :) I told E and he just rolled his eyes.lol.

Oh, Ann, I made your recipe for the faux rice, and it was pretty good! I wasn't sure how it would taste, but I had it with my taco salad, and it just took on the taste of the taco seasoning. The "rice" gave it just enough oomph to it to make it more filling. Thanks! :)

11 comments:

Jenny said...

You are right... Only someone TTC would see that Starbucks drink and think of cervical mucus!! Too funny!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Oy. I swear I see Infertile lingo everywhere now! I was so scared when I saw your post title and then saw there was a picture. :) I was so relieved. Too funny!

Great. I know it isn’t as good as the real deal, but it’ll do. I’m amazed at my consumption of cauliflower now. Riced, roasted, mashed. It’s always there. I never ate it back in the carb days.

To me, Fertile CM is the best by far:
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/cervicalmucus.html

I take the whole month (when I'm TTC) as directed (3 times a day with plenty of water), but I think a lot of girls begin like at CD10 to P2 which cuts down on the amount you have to use.

Mucinex (I think 2 times a day) is a another great option or robitussin (w/ guaifenesin only). I’ve also heard of B6 vitamins (I think – someone correct me if I am wrong), but I never had much luck with that.

Whichever you try, drink LOTS of water. The 8 glasses a day.

Sara Renee said...

mucinex helps, start it the first day of your FP. Also, CVS has Conception lube, that is supposed to be like PreSeed!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

I was a little alarmed when I saw the picture, too, ha ha!!! Great post! And, I hope your CM comes back!

some how, some way, some day said...

I about spit my coffee on my screen when I saw the cup with CM written on it! Too funny:)

I have tried Mucinex, Robitussun and vitamin B6. I had pretty good luck with the B6 but it takes quite a while to kick in. I think I took if for 2 or 3 cycles before I noticed a difference. Good luck!!

Chasing said...

I'm with Ann- Fertile CM rocks!

mrsblondies said...

The cup is hilarious! I take 500 mg sustained release B6 daily and Mucinex starting CD 10 through P+2. I haven't ever tried FertileCM since B6 and Mucinex works for me. I hope you see some great CM (and not the coffee kind) soon!

Meredith Jeannette said...

That picture was very deceiving in your post preview hehehe! Ahhh infertility jokes aren't they great!

The mucinex worked great for me!

JellyBelly said...

When I read your post this morning I had to stifle a giggle since I was in a packed commuter train!!!

My Napro doc put me on B6 (but I had every strange side effect -- sweaty hands and feet, eeww!). Then she put me on guaifenesin (an ingredient in Robitussin) after the B6 adventure. Post surgery two, I haven't needed a mucous enhancer. Guess getting all of the endo, adhesions, cysts and uterine fibroids helped with my CM!

Sara Renee said...

PS: I gave you a blog award!!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

thanks for all your great help!