Monday, August 30, 2010

Greetings from my Cold Room!

YAY Its Monday! (Sike!) I am so ready to be done with work already!!!
Anyway, the day after my last post about how our a/c broke, we bought a standing a/c for just our bedroom so at least we could sleep. We found it real cheap on Craigs list. I love that site, we have sold so many things and bought some great stuff on there, like our Roomba. That thing is amazing! So for a few days only our room was cool, and the rest of the house was 99 all day and night! Finally yesterday it started to cool off and it was only 98 outside today! So thankful that we were able to find this portable a/c! :) It really has been such a help.
We are almost done packing, and I say almost because we keep finding things to pack that for some reason we didn't know we even had! lol Our giveaway pile is getting huge too. I think we are pretty much ready to go, but I'm still not feelin the drive out there. We heard from some friends about another way to ship our car, and might be cheaper, so we just started looking into that, hopefully (praying*) that we find someone who is cheap enough for us.

So Saturday we had an interesting evening. You IFrs will love this one.
We went out to dinner with some friends of ours. Were not really good friends, but we've bbq'd together and hung out a few times. We met this couple at the RCIA when E came fully into the Church. Right away we thought she was a little off in the head, but she just leached onto us like we could be her only friends there. When we met her boyfriend (who is Catholic and they are living together and she has kids and they are not even close to getting married!) we really liked him. Their living situation is a little annoying to me though. They are quite a few years older than us, but we all got along for the most part. I have a little beef with her. She is very inappropriate, and I think disrespectful towards me sometimes. It's very subtle, but it is there and E sees it too. She had made a comment about a text that E sent on accident to her and then gave him a hi-five, it was super awkward, E was uncomfortable, and her boyfriend was a little red in the face! That pissed me off, but then she asked me about the baby making situation.
I gave a brief sum up of what was going on, and then she says to me
"When you move it will just happen, you'll be relaxed and that is always when it happens. Always when the woman is relaxed they just get pregnant!"
So that comment alone, I probably would have laughed in my head about it, but I was already so annoyed with her that I wanted to rip her arm off and slap her with it! For sure I am not going to miss these people!! Most of the night was fun and we had a good time, but for that few moments during dinner, I wanted to just leave.
Why did we go out with them? Like I said we like him, and she's ok when she's not being rude, and we haven't been out in a while, and they were paying with some comps they got for the restaurant. So I put up with it for a nice free meal! HAHA! :) So yeah, I put my self in the situation, but never again! That was too much to deal with.

6 comments:

Meredith Jeannette said...

That is the worst thing anyone could say to a woman dealing with IF! "just relax!" uggh... So sorry you had to hear that for probably the millionth time like most of us IF'er do...

JellyBelly said...

Oh yes, the "just relax"' comment. Argh!!!!!

I hope that you don't have to drive! Praying that the new plan works out!

some how, some way, some day said...

How is packing, moving across the county, storing your possessions, looking for work and living with your folks relaxing??? This woman has no clue!! I'm just praying you can make it through all that and then we'll pray for a baby, LOL!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Whenever I get told to "just relax" I always want to look like I've heard the most shocking news of my life, and respond in mock seriousness, "Oh my gosh...RELAX!!! Are you serious? I've never thought of THAT before!!"

...but that's just me, and I'm a little snarky sometimes. :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT!!!! UGH

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Wow, that woman is truly clueless. Sigh.