Thursday, August 19, 2010

moving!

We have a moving date! Finally! Sept 7th. After the holiday craziness on the roads we are outta here! We still have so much to pack up and get the cars ready for the trip.. it's exhausting just thinking about it. We found a moving company that is relativly cheap $800.00 and to save $1000.00 we are both driving. I really wanted to transport one of the cars, but E just won't have it. He said it costs way to much, but I'm being a baby about it because I hate driving. I don't mind it for a little bit, but I've done this drive before and it sucks! Actually I've done it twice. Once threw the north, and once threw the south. The north is way more boring! No offense to anyone who lives in KS but it was like driving in the twilight zone! Nothing around as far as the eye could see and it really was the longest part of the trip.
So we are going the southern route. Threw AZ, NM, TX, OK, I think part of MO? and IL and IN. Total of 29 hours 1 min per mapquest. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it! ugh!
Anywhay, I gave my two weeks at work, and my boss is very upset. If you remember I quit about 5 months ago to another job for more $$ that turned out to be horrible, and my boss finally offerd me a raise to come back, so I did and now 3 months later I'm leaving again. This time for good. He offerd me more $$, he offerd my hubbs a job, anything to get us to stay! He said what the heck is out there? people move from there to Vegas, not the other way around! lol I felt soo bad, but its what we've wanted and its for the best! We prayed about this for years! I always asked that if we were supposed to move that the oppertunity would present itself, and it did, so we took it. I'm not having any doughts about moving, I'm just nervouse! :)

So Tuesday was CD1. sigh. I knew it was coming, but it was another 28 day cycle, wich is wierd for me to have 2 short cycles so close together. Usually I only have one short one a year. But this time I also didn't have bad cramps. I had some, but not enough to make me feel sick or tired. I also wasn't very grumpy or sad or anything! Well, in the morning I was, but I think that was because of the situation, not AF. There is construction going on right in front of my office, and I didn't know about it, so getting off the highway I turned to go to work, and the road was closed! I could only go back onto the highway! I was soo mad, and right there there isn't an exit close by to turn around at, I had to drive pretty far to turn around and then I was late! I was grumpy then for a little bit, but most of the day I was pretty happy! Maby it's all the vitamins? or the diet?

Speaking of diet, I'm still working on it. It is hard to go low GI. Sometimes I'm not even sure what to eat! There doesn't seem to be a clear cut way of eating low GI. I know lots of veggies, and fruits, and legumes. I can have pasta thank goodness! So mostly I'm eating low carb, and the carbs I do eat is mainly the pasta because I know I can eat that!

Happy Anniversary to all you bloggers out there this month! Ther sure is alot of you!

7 comments:

My Heart Exults... said...

Safe travels! I'm like you...I hate driving. After about 8 hours in the car I start going nuts. We traveled from Illinois to Florida in a car and it was not pretty. But you have to do what you have to do. What an exciting move though!

And a PCOSer with at 28 day cycle - twice? That is exciting! Maybe your body is on to something...

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Umm, I think my ADD would make me explode if I had to be in the car that long! Ha. Have fun with that:) No but in all seriousness, I'm so happy to hear that your prayers were answered. What a blessing:) Am I dumb or did I miss where you were moving to?

Also, that is actually great that you had two perfect cycles. I understand the frustration completely though. Like MHE said, maybe its preparing!

Chasing said...

Congrats on the move date! Hope all goes smoothly!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Thanks girls! No Awaiting your not dumb..lol I mentiond it a while back, we are moving to Indiana, right outside of Cincinnati OH.
I sure do hope my body is preparing for something good! :)

JellyBelly said...

We're cycle buddies!

I would HATE driving all that distance by myself. Although I didn't get to drive on our recent vacation, I forced myself to stay awake to keep Mr. JB company. We drove home from my bf's cottage in separate cars a couple of years ago and it was the WORST four hour trip EVER!

Maybe you can get some books on tape/CD? It may be a way to keep you occupied...

Meredith Jeannette said...

Good luck with the move! Can't wait to hear how it all works out!!
~Meredith

mrsblondies said...

Good luck with the move. That's a long way to drive by yourself.

That's awesome that your cycle is being more normal, and you feel relatively decent.