Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Playing Hooky

I played hooky from work yesterday and I'm so glad I did! Eric had flown Gabe back to his mom's Sat, and he didn't get back till Sunday night. So I had the entire weekend to myself. I don't mind being alone, and it was nice to be in a quiet place for a day. I bought some wine and a magazine and had a relaxing night to myself. But I missed Eric so much. I hate being away from him, and truthfully I'm scared of the dark. I had a hard time going to sleep without him being here.
I was so happy to see him get home on Sunday night, but it was pretty late and we stayed up all night talking and cuddling! ;) heehee.
So upon waking on Monday morning my alarm goes off and Eric says, "why don't you just stay home today?" I pondered this for a while, my body said "yes stay home and in bed!" but my guilt about not being at work to take care of my accounts wanted me to just suck it up and go in. But I decided to listen to my tired body and my heart, and stayed home with the hubbs! We slept in and then went to the Mountains to take a hike in nature. I love being outside in the fresh air. I hate the dirt and bugs, but other than that I love the outdoors. :) We were both pretty tired, and didn't make it too far up the mountain, actually we dilly dallied around and just talked and leisurely strolled around the woods. It was so relaxing and wonderful to just spend the day with my hubbs. He is awesome, so loving and kind. He's really the best! :)
I don't feel guilty at all now for taking the day off. Being with my husband was the best day ever! :)

7 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! :) I'm scared of the dark too, and we had a security system installed within the first week of moving into our house. haha It helps my peace of mind so much!

Faith makes things possible said...

I'm glad you called in! Days like that are extra special! :)

Chasing said...

Sounds like a great day.

WheelbarrowRider said...

What a nice surprise day! I love how enthusiastic you are about your dh after five years. We are celebrating four tomorrow, and I agree, I just get giddy seeing him still :)

mrsblondies said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day with your husband!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Sounds like an awesome day! It would be nice if we had mountains nearby to go visit. Sigh...but we do have lots of lakes and parks, so I can't complain too much. Have you set a move date yet? Did I miss that? Have a great weekend!

Meredith Jeannette said...

Sometimes we just need days like this! SO glad you had a relaxing Monday!