Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baaaad morning!

Ok so I'm blaming this one on AF. She isn't here yet, but she is definitely on her way! I think I might be over emotional regarding this situation.
Here it is: I have my first Familia class tonight. The title is "Called to Authentic Feminism" When my cousin posted about this class on her FB page, all she said was that it was for all women. It sounds like a wonderful class, and my older sister has done a few of the Familia classes and loved them. So after I get the workbook in the mail I notice a few things. One is that this is part of the "Motherhood" series, and Two, the opening prayer that we are to pray is all about thanking God for letting us be mothers! This bothered me a little bit when I first noticed these things, but I assumed that surely not everyone going were mothers. Yesterday my cousin sent out an email about the class, and just for fun (maybe a little creepy?) I checked out her FB to see who all these women are, and to make sure at least one of them isn't a mother! Wrong, wrong, wrong! All of them have toddlers! Every single one! And to top it all off one of them is pregnant with her first child, and she just got married 2 months ago!
I lost it last night, I just keep thinking that this will become a baby fest and all they will want to talk about is what their two year old did that day. Maybe I'm being over dramatic here, but I just wanted to be apart of a good Catholic group of women who I could be friends with, and learn about our faith. I feel like as I get older, everyone either has babies, or if they don't it's because 1) they don't want them, or 2) they are engaged or newly married and are expecting to conceive soon.
I would love to have some friends who aren't always talking about their kids, or on the other side, talking bad about people who do have kids. Is there a happy medium in this? I'm just not sure where my life is going right now. Ugh!

Anywhay, I was thinking about how this would be a good opportunity to offer this up to Him for all of you and all who are suffering. But I'm really not sure how. I mean I can say it, but do I really offer it up? Am I supposed to feel different when I do? I guess all I can do is try, and hopefully tonight won't be as bad as I think.

3 comments:

Complicated Life said...

I know just how you feel! I don't have hardly any friends who don't have kids or who aren't pregnant (last month I had 3 couples, now I only have one left!). I'm sorry that you don't feel like you'll fit in with that group. I get so tired of hearing all my friends only talk about their kids; literally, they talk of nothing else!

I hope that you find your niche soon, with friends that don't "hate on" people with kids, and also who don't talk about kids all the time!

some how, some way, some day said...

That is surely a tough spot to be in. Kind of like a baby shower situation. Yeah, you're happy for the mom-to-be but you really can't handle it all in your face. I'll be praying for you, girl, whatever you decide to do. If you do go and if you have an opportunity to open up be prepared for some tears. This is all so new and fresh to you. It will be hard!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Sigh. I am so sorry. That hurts. :(