Monday, October 4, 2010

Country Living!!

I love it!! I am lovin living in the country right now. It's peaceful and quiet. I love the trees and the birds. I could do without the mosquito's though. I've gotten bitten so much in the past few weeks it's insane! No one else gets bit, just me. I guess I've got super sweet blood! lol. But I think I might be allergic to the bites. I've gotten quite a few that have swelled up to the size of a golf ball. That is one of my only complaints. The other is that we are about 15-20 min from the nearest grocery store. But since we aren't really doing any shopping right now, it's not bad!
I love our new church. It's a relatively new church in the area. Everyone used to have to go to the next town over for Mass, but about 5 years ago the demand was so great for a Catholic church in the area, a local farm donated part of it's land for a new church. It's plain and ugly inside, but the priest is wonderful! The music is horrific, but thankfully the priest makes up for that. He tells it like it is, and is really on fire for the faith. Every Sunday we pray for the end to ab.or.ti.on . Fr prays for us to all to accept God's will for our lives and to ask God every day for His help. Now if we could just get rid of the "choir" it would be the best church I've ever been to! ;)
I've been busy babysitting for all my sisters. I've had to let them all know that I need to look for real work and that I can't babysit every single day. But I don't mind helping out. I love my nieces and nephews. They are all so cute and fun to be around. And we are so close to Gabe. We get to pick him up 2 weekends a month. We meet halfway so it's only an hour drive.
I've also been jogging! I never jog, and NEVER run! I hate running. But I can jog around the neighborhood and not worry about stray dogs, or crazy drivers. My sister C and I also go to the park to jog, and its wonderful. I love to be in the park with all the trees and little creeks and ponds! Jogging has gotten easier and I think I might be loosing some lbs! I don't have a scale, but I have a pair of jeans that are fitting a little bit better!
Well, It's my step dads birthday today so I've got to go make a cake for him while he's out! Happy Monday all! :)

7 comments:

some how, some way, some day said...

Sounds like you are settling in quite nicely!
I hear you about the music. I love my aunt & uncle's church but the organist is horrible! It really detracts from an otherwise beautiful experience. I know it's a lost art but someone else has to know how to play:)
Good for you on the jogging!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

This makes me want to see pics!! Post!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Glad you are liking the change! The church makes me smile!

JellyBelly said...

Mosquitoes??? I can't even imagine!

Sounds like you're settling in nicely! I'd love to see pics too!

the misfit said...

Sounds awesome. Good luck finding a job you love! My sister has a similar problem being super-allergic to mosquitoes, BTW, and she took the generic version of Zyr.tec (sp?) and apparently it really helped.

expatbarrenness said...

Is it awful to be jealous of your new parish? Very excited for you that you feel comfortable there and that you're jogging - that truly is GREAT. got everything crossed for your job hunt.

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Misfit, I am definatly going to try the zyrtec! thank you :)