Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Big O

No not that O girls! lol I mean Ovulation. I think it happened. Maybe it happened. This Chrighton class is really great, and I have never checked out my mucus pattern like this before. Doing the NFP I was always waiting for my temps to rise and fall, and they never did, so E and I never were able to plan our "relations" around the time of possible ovulation. But here I am checking my mucus and for the past 3 days I've got fertile type mucus! OMG!! I never thought that I had any, but I really wasn't checking correctly. I am super excited about this. I mean I may have some really screwed up hormones, and nothing will come of this, but it's exciting to know that I do have some good mucus! On the other hand, its been 6 years and I have never conceived, and it can't be all just because of bad timing. So my hopes aren't up too high, but I've never been much of a Debbie Downer, so I'm a smidgen hopeful. :)

9 comments:

God Alone Suffices said...

I LOVE Creighton! :) It helps me understand my body so much better than the Sympto-Thermal method. I was so excited the first time I noticed fertile mucus! :)

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Great news! I'm curious, were you waiting for a temperature rise to time relations?

the misfit said...

"It can't be all just because of bad timing": I have told myself this many times, and yet it doesn't prevent me from being uncharacteristically hopeful if I know the timing was really good. Something wrong with the brain, I guess.

And congrats on the CM :).

Megan said...

Yay for peak type mucus! I love Creighton too, and I am always amazed by how much you can tell from your mucus! :)

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Here's to hope! And Creighton!

I love, love, love the colors of the blog now! Wow!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Yes:) Love the new colors too! I was just thinking...I don't know this blog (b.c it was different) and so I had to check the name again! haha. Like:)

So excited to hear your enthusiasm about Creighton. I remember my excitement too. I also remember back in the day thinking, what the heck is this stuff! haha. Now I know it is FABULOUS "stuff"!

Not to get your hopes (or mind up) but I actually know of a couple who got preggers once they learned the method. They were simply ttc at the wrong times! Wow! Of course, I am very positive (Happy Holly here) and like to hope alot so I like hearing stories like this.

Keep up that positivity:) HUGS

mrsblondies said...

So glad you are liking Creighton. Like Awaiting, I hope that it was just bad timing all this time :) (it would be funny yet annoying). If not, then you'll be able to figure out what else might be going on.

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Ann~ no I wasn't really waiting to time our relations, but I never really knew when the best time was. My temps are super low, so if there was a rise I wasn't sure if it meant anything or not. Does that make sense? We never really were "trying" we just never abstained and if I got pg that would be great!

I'm glad you all like the new background! I saw it and just thought this was perfect for this time of year! :)

Julie said...

I totally relate to the whole "maybe it is bad timing" thing!
About 4 years into our marriage, I thought that I should start charting and hoping that it would help us conceive...as if the timing was off every month for 4 years. Yeah, well, almost 10 years into marriage we have yet to conceive and I can tell you it is NOT because of bad timing. It seems like fertile people can have relations once a month and it is "bad timing" and they are pregnant again!