Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I love the winter time. Not so much the cold, but the snow and the grey skies. I mean the cold is almost unbareable at times, but if your inside its awesome! It's been a really long time since I've had a "real" winter. Christmas time just isn't the same with out it. We got our first snow over the weekend, and E and I had such a fun time. We built a snowman and went sled riding in the back yard. Poor E has never built a real snowman. When we were in Vegas, we had a freak snow storm one year, and E made the funkiest snowman I have ever seen, we also didn't have enough snow.. lol. But it was great to share this with E, to be there for a new experience with him. Here is our snowman.

The Christmas time brings a funk to my thoughts along with all the magic of the season. Being IF brings thoughts that are I think a little unhealthy. Every year, as Christmas comes closer and my cycle comes to its end, I keep hoping that this Christmas will be IT!!! I daydream about surprising E on Christmas morning with a BFP and how exciting and amazing it will be. I can't help it, but these thoughts come every year. Then right before Christmas Aunt Flow comes along and ruins everything. She's on her way, and for the first time, I'm not sure when. My cycles have been getting shorter, and if its the same as last time, today should be it. It's a little annoying, because I have always been regular, I know exactly what day AF will come. But for the past 6 months or so, it's been off a little. My cylces have been shorter, then normal (for me) then shorter again. Ugh!!

Anyway, besides the funk, I'm happy to be home for Christmas time. It's cold and snowy and yucky outside. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? ;) I have a possible job opening up for me, so please pray that I get it. And to my prayer buddy, since I can't write to you to tell you this, I will be praying for you tonight at Mass and during Adoration. Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

2 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

Good luck with getting that job...praying. Aahhh...that is so sweet that your dh built a snowman...I haven't built one of those in years!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I love the snow too...it just makes everything more peaceful. I don't know. Sometimes I believe that if things around me are peaceful - aka a new blanket of snow, I can force my insides into submission and they will calm down. I don't think it is working all that great yet - but I have hope! Good luck with the job opening! St. Joseph, pray for Suzie and intercede for her in getting this job!