Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope you all had a good New Years eve. We went to one of my sisters houses and played cards while all the kids played in the basement and had their own card games going on. Not super exciting, but fun enough and it was nice to just be able to hang out and relax!
So I have a hard time every year to figure out what my resolutions for the new year should be. Last year was the first year I really made one, I tried to spend more time with friends.. and I did better than I used to but it was kindof a half a$$ed resolution.. lol.
So this year I have a plan, and I have things that I really want to accomplish this year. So here they are:

1. (everyone will have this I'm sure ;) ) Lose weight. my goal is at least 10lbs. The new season of the Big.gest loser starts this week and I thought what better time than to start working out again and trying to get healthier. I want to see how much I can lose with the show each week.

2. Find a job and move out of my parents house!! This is a big one, I really need to get us out of here in the next few months, I love my family, but they are driving me nuts!

3. Continue to spend time with my family and friends. I love visiting my sisters and their kids ( I am the favorite Aunt by the way )and the past few months I have gotten together with friends from Highschool, and another girl I have known since we were in kindergarten, and it has been great. At least once a month getting together with friends is a good goal I think.

4. Go to confession more often, and pray the rosary weekly. For some reason getting to confession always seems like such a chore, but I know that I need to go and it will really help my spiritual life. Our country, and the world, needs lots of prayers and the rosary is such a powerful prayer to pray for the world peace.

5. And the last one.. To get to the dr's and get my thyroid fixed, and get my pcos treated, and if a pregnancy happens because of that, all the better!

I think that is enough goals to last me all year, anymore and I'll never stick to any of them! So now I'm off to workout using my new Reebok Re-tones! Love them! At least my legs will look good by the end of the year ;)

7 comments:

My Heart Exults... said...

Sounds like a good list. St. Lucia of Fatima said, "There is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot solve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary." I Believe...

Faith makes things possible said...

Great list! I'm impressed...I don't make resolutions because I don't tend to keep them. You go girl! :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Good choices for resolutions! I'm anxious to hear how those shoes work....do they really tone or is it a joke??

I'm going to start praying the rosary with you:):)
(Thanks for that! Let's make sure we stay on top of it together:)

Weight: I'm proud of you. Great goal. Really the working out will make you feel so good. I can't wait to start working out again. It looks like I'll have to wait a while..just after my first day back I'm swollen!

HGUS

WheelbarrowRider said...

Good goals! I wish you the best on them! I think goals related to seeing friends are a great idea!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Wonderful resolutions!!!

JellyBelly said...

I'm with you on the 10 pounds and confession! Considering I'm teaching in a sacrament year I should lead by example, yes?

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Awaiting: Did you say your rosary today? ;) I did finally today. The shoes are awesome!!! I wear them all the time and I can really feel them working, I think these shoes are the best invention ever!

MHE: I love that quote, thank you :)