Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I've joined the pill popping club

Well, I've had my doctors appointment and the news is so,so. After all the blood drawing (which left me black and blue) we finally got all the results in. My Progesterone is very low, and my Estrogen levels are within the normal range, but on the low end. According to my bloodwork and charts I did ovulate, just the day after my charts show that I did. So, to help with this "hormone" problem, my doc put me on 3 medications. Starting P+3-12 I am to take Prometrium 200mg, and Estradiol 1mg. Then only after a negative pregnancy test I am to take 8 (no that is not a typo) Femera 2.5mg tablet, on day 2 of my cycle. I'm currently on day 10. Yikes! The day of the appointment I was very upset, I'm not sure why, but all I could think was that I'll be taking pills forever and taking a pg test for no reason every month. Of course my doc isn't very sensitive and he again tells me that after 6 months if I'm not pg then surgery should be my next step. He is still convinced that I have endo. Any of you endo girls out there know if there is any way to be diagnosed with it instead of having surgery? It just seems like he might be jumping the gun here, but of course I'm not a doctor, and I do have some sypmtoms...
Also, I am to get a hsg? test to make sure my tubes aren't blocked, and he wants E to take a test to check his spermies.. I think we are going to wait on that for another month or so. Our insurance is not very good, and I don't think that they cover those kind of procedures.
I'm not very into this doc of mine, but I only went to him b/c I know that he follows the Churches teachings and he uses the Crighton charts as well. If I don't get pg by the end of this "pill popping" phase, I am definatley going to find a new doctor. He just doesn't seem like he is really there for you, it's like he is all buisness. He tries to make jokes, but he is very dry and just comes accross as a little wierd. I think I might have just been spoiled b/c my last doc was wonderful! She was the one who found the pcos and everytime I left her office I just wanted to hug her and thank her for being so helpful. But we'll see what happens here.

My Familia class is going well. The last class we had was hard for me. There is so much in the book and in the Catechism that says that the love between a husband and wife brings about the fruit of a child, or some crap like that. It's not all that it says but the fact that those words are even in there, just get under my skin and makes it really hard for me at some of our meetings. The last one we had was last week and one of the girls is pg we'll call her J(she is married to my cousin B, and his sister A is the one who is running this class) We had a baby shower for J, A didn't want to have it b/c J is going crazy about her pregnancy, but we all brought gifts and had cake and snacks.. it was nice. But J is tactless. She just says the most irreverant things and her own sister in law A can't have children! A has an adoptive son, but there is no way that they can have children naturally. And J was just out of controll about her pregnancy at the meeting. Afterwards A asked me how I was able to keep it together and how am I able to keep coming to these meetings? Some of the teachings have been really hard. A said that when she was in my spot, there was no way she could have come to these meetings. Even now she said that if I weren't there, it would be way harder for her also. I don't know... I love getting together with these women (none of them are disrespectful or say things that would upset me except J) I think that some of the teachings have helped me with Gabe and E. And also my little sister L goes to the classes with me, and if I weren't going, she would't be there. And she needs to go. So I am doing this for her, and even though there are some rough times for me, I am going to be a better wife to E and mother to G. Even if I am only a part time mom, I am trying to make the most of it.

Sometimes I feel like, how in the world could E have had a baby with a woman whom he hates and wasn't even in love with, and here I am his wife and our love isn't great enough to bring a baby into this world together. I know that is crazy talk, but I can't help that it is still going threw my mind occasionally. Oh well, it isn't my decision to have a baby or not, it is God's. I just pray that this regimine that I'm now on will work.

I want to leave you with a quote that was in my Familia book, it is when the angel Gabriel is telling Mary that she will concieve a son, and she asks how can this be
" The holy Spirit will come upon you"- your motherhood will not be the consequence of matrimonial "knowledge" but will be the work of the Holy Spirit."
This just really spoke to me being a step-mother and facing the possibility of never having my own children. And also anyone who has adopted or is trying to adopt,I think this just summs it all up!

6 comments:

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

I am so sorry. This popping pills part is not nice. I also hate it.

On the endo part. there is a very strong correlation between hormonal/ovulation issues and endo. Something like 85 %. Your Napro doctor should know this since its in all the Napro books.

Dr, H has stated that its almost certain that if there are IF issues with hormonal problems there is endo.

A lap is the ONLY way to diagnose and treat endo so its not correct to say that you have symptoms or not. There is silent endo which does not show in the charts nor in pain.

Your very best bet from the get go is to have a lap/ HSG and maybe ovarian wedge resection for PCOS (if needed, not all need it ) with a Napro surgeon.

i am reading you are hypothirod. Have your adrenals been checked also? there is also a strong correlation with thyroid issues and adrenall ones. The very best thing is to see this as a whole and treat all aspects. This gives you the very best chance.

I am sorry that your napro doctor is like this.

I have met so many wonderful ones (I am training to be a practitioner) that it saddens me you do not have access to a kinder one. IF stinks and we do not need doctors to add to this.

Please send me an email if you need to speak to somebody and to find more about your options with Napro. I do not have PCOS, but I am hypo, have adrenal fatigue, also low progesterone and endo. I am a patient of dr. H.

A good book to read might be the Naprotechnology Revolution so you can push your doctor and ask all the right questions. Its written by dr. H and its in Amazon.


.

God Alone Suffices said...

Ugh, I feel ya about the popping pills. I hate it! I hope it helps though! :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

As MTTBM said, that book is a must read book for sure. It really cleared up a lot of questions for me.

I would have laughed in your face had you told me I had endo. My symptoms were near what others were. But sure enough, Dr. H did the lap and discovered it scattered everywhere. Not a whole lot, but in many different places (if that makes sense). I completely agree with what MTTBM says about getting that checked out via lap.

I also have PCOS (had wedge resection done by dr. H) and am Hypo. Woman, we are a lot alike! My PCOS is fixed now with resection and after testing for hypo I am now on T3. It seems to be helping for sure. My temps were in the 9.6s and now they are finally up to the 9.8s.

I love this ending to your post. I needed to read that:)HUGS

As far as popping those pills goes, the 8 part freeks me out. I have a hard time taking all my vitamins! ha

JellyBelly said...

I have a HUGE pill sorter to keep my popping straight! I'm like a senior citizen!

And yes, surgery is the only way. I wish that I didn't have to wait as long as I did. I would've been so much further ahead if I didn't have surgery at 34. :(

Nicole C said...

All the drugs suck, but I hope it's worth it for you! And have the HSG! It's very worthwhile, pretty painless, and doesn't take long.

Sorry about the class you're attending...I'm sure it can't be easy. But God will bless you because you're doing it for the right reasons!

Stacy said...

First of all, I think the Dr. you have shouldn't be a Dr. if he can't be compasionate or caring to those who need it. I really think you need a new one. Secondly, I will continue to pray for you and E. You two deserve a child and I hope you get one! I can only imagine the frustration and can sympathise slightly. Stephen and I started trying for a child the day we got married. It took 3 years to get Alexander. It was very frustrating. You and E. are awesome people and would make wonderful parents again. Last, What is Familia? And, you're friend needs to be a little more sensitive about her pregnancy and how it affects you. I know she's excited about hers, so I hope she supports you sometimes.