Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weight loss update

My status is not good! I am the worst at losing weight.. When we moved I was so busy with everything, that my workouts took a back seat to my life. So I went about 2 weeks working out maybe twice a week, and I havn't lost anything since! But the girls in my Familia class decided that we all need to lose some weight and found this free site called loseit.com . This is the best website I have found! It's great if you have other people losing with you, b/c you can see what your friends are eating, and how much they workout. You can't see their weight (thank goodness!) but it really makes you responsible for what your eating! I have a tendency to cheat, and sneak snacks. I think if no one can see me eat it, then it didn't happen.. I know, I'm like a little kid with that lol. If anyone wants to join me in losing, just let me know your email, and I can friend you! It's great also b/c you can write encouraging words to eachother, and keep eachother motivated, wich is a big issue for me, to stay motivated. I just started this week, and I'm excited to see how much I can lose.

On the IF front, not much going on.. I am 3 days into my regimine with the pills, so far no side effects or any problems. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but at the same time trying to not get too hopeful.
Did anyone see the Today show today? They had a segment on IF and said that a support group gives IF women a 50% more chance of concieving, than those women who do not have a support group. So... I believe these blogs are a support group, so we should all be getting pg at some point right? Keep the support going girls! :)

9 comments:

Nicole C said...

Loseit is GREAT! They have an iphone app too. I also like Sparkpeople.com. But I'm a Weight Watcher so that's what I stick to (usually, haha)!

That's so crazy what you saw on Today about the support group!! Fingers crossed for everyone in our cyber-support group! :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Amen to that last part!!! Bring it on!!!!

St. Rita's Roses said...

Sending positive vibes to you and your weight loss. That site sounds great..I must check it out. I read a book recently that really made an impact..ok, dont laugh at me. But its Bethanny Frankel's Naturally Skinny Girl. It is bascially about how to eat like a normal person :) heheheh
As for the support group, another blogger just mentioned a IF support group in her area...She suggested I go to meetup.com to check a group out in my area....after those stats you stated...I am def checking it out!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

St. Rita's I wanted to read that book! lol I saw Bethanny on Rachel Ray and just thought I had to get it! Even though she is beyond skinny! ;)
Nicole, I've tried weight watchers like 3 times, and the first 2 I lost some, but I just couldn't stick with it. Good luck to you!

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

Good luck with the weight loss! I lost 20 lbs with Weight Watchers :) And yay for having a support group!

JellyBelly said...

Amen to the support group! I'm so greatful for the blog girls!

St. Rita's Roses said...

I finally joined loseit.com...are you se.armenta?
I am little confused :)

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

yes that is me! lol!

Stacy said...

Good luck on your weight loss goals. I'd do lose it, but I also do Weight Watchers and having to type in what I eat to 2 different websites might be too much time for me. I will support you here though. If you haven't, please read my blog on weight loss. With friends we can all be successful!