Wednesday, March 23, 2011

29 And Grey!!!

Sounds like a bad reality show doesn't it?

Saturday the 19th was my 29th birthday. I am now one step closer to officially being a "real" adult! I mean when your in your 20's people always say how young you are, well, once you hit 30 you are now a full fledged adult. Your expected to have a carreer and have your life together. Your chance of concieving goes down (like we need that!) your chance of getting cancer and obesity goes up, and wrinkles and grey hair are on their way!

Now I know there are several of you who will say that being in your 30's is great and blah blah blah, but just remember how you felt before you got there. I'ts very scary.

Anyway, I had a great day on Saturday, I got to lay around and do no housework, or cooking, and I got a great foot massage! E made me breakfast and lunch, and my mom had us over for an amazing dinner. :) I cheated this month with an Oreo ice cream cake, but I'm not stressing over it!

On Sunday morning while I was fixing my hair, I found 3 grey hairs! Yes I said 3!!!! OMG, this is soooo wrong! One of the hairs is this little thing that sticks straight up and I couldn't get it to smooth down. Luckily my hair is pretty light and it kinda blends in (which is why I guess I didn't see them before) Oh the joys of getting older! :) I'm debating on wether or not I should start dying my hair, I have only dyed it once a few years back, and I like my natural hair color the best. Maybe I'll just let it go full on grey. ;)

14 comments:

AL said...

Happy belated birthday.

I'm 27 and I swear I've seen a few greys lately too :-(. My mom is totally grey so I'm not surprised. I hate dyeing it though, so I will put it off as long as possible!

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

I found my first gray hair on our honeymoon, 3 weeks before my 21st birthday!!! Just pulled out another one last week. I'm lucky that I only have to pull one out every 3 months or so...it might actually be the same one! Haha :)

Happy belated birthday!

JellyBelly said...

We got married the year I turned 30, so I had a good distraction! I have found that turning 36 was more difficult than turning 30. I thank God every day that I don't look my age!

Happy belated buddy!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Well I definitely wouldn't color it b.c that means more maintenance and more money. It gets so annoying to keep up the color...at least to me it is! Just remember, no one can see your gray hairs but you! Especially if you only had three! haha

Stacy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! As for the Grey? Don't pluck them out, they just multiply ;) Instead of dying it, just highlight or lowlight it or something. That way you keep most of your natural color and just enhance the rest. Love and hugs to you and Eric! Thanks for the positive words on my blog.

Nicole C said...

I suppose Stacy is right, but I'm definitely guilty of plucking! Yikes! She's right - don't do it! I keep finding more!!

Happy birthday! Glad you got to enjoy your oreo ice cream cake!

Mary said...

I don't get gray - but I get really dark black icky-looking hairs sometimes - and I'm 26!!! My husband has grays, he'll be 29 in April... it's okay :) I'm sure you look beautiful, regardless.

Happy Birthday! Oreo ice cream cake sounds amazing! mmm!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

I was a hot mess not only the year I turnd 30, but the year leading up to it in anticipation!

I get a grey hair every once in a while. I don't have the stamina to maintain coloring. :) I just deal for now. I suspect I'll change my tune when they multiply, but for now try not to freak about a few that probably only you can see.

Happy Birthday! May this year bring you many blessings.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Happy belated birthday!! I understand the fear as I am approaching 30's also (ack! I don't even want to type that!!)and I'm petrified also. I suppose it has to happen to all of us eventually!! :) Hope you enjoyed the oreo cake, yum.

the misfit said...

I've had a white hair every now and again since I was in my teens...but based on my mother and aunts, I'll be 50 before you can really see them. (I have very light hair.) No way I would have the diligence (or be willing to spend the money!) to color regularly. I wish more women grayed naturally - does it strike anyone else as weird when you can attend a woman's 70th and meet her grandchildren, but she has a full head of glossy brown hair? I feel like this woman is proving an important point: http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2011/03/carmen-dellorefice-for-vanity-fair.html.

ANYWAY - happy belated birthday (I just turned 29 a month ahead of you and I am already thinking about whether I will lose it when I am three months in - because then, you know, I couldn't ever give birth in my 20s. Odd, I know, in view of the fact that I don't believe I'll have kids ever). I guess it takes a long time to mourn the selves we see ourselves as.

St. Rita's Roses said...

Happy Belated!! The cake sounds yummy! As for hair dye...I am all for it!

My Heart Exults... said...

Whatever you do, don't pluck it out! It will grow back all wild.

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Sorry for being late to the party - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Where have you been friend? I have been thinking of you. We haven't heard from you in a while. Update us and let us know how you are doing:)