Monday, April 18, 2011

God's plan part II

So, thank you all for your support! I am super excited to get this group started! :)

Let me tell you.. God works in mysterious ways! (well, maybe not so mysterious ;)
During my talk with Father Tom, he mentioned that I should get together with the youth administrater at our Church and he thinks that I would be a great addition to the youth group. Well, I have always wanted to get involved with the youth group, I've just been too nurvouse, or just put it off so many times, that I just gave up thinking about doing it. I would love to be a part of the community helping out the young kids grow in their faith. I just think it's interesting that Father just came out and said that without me mentioning it at all!

Father Tom also made a comment about how he thinks that E and I would make a great couple to talk to the engaged couples about marriage. WHAAATT!?! First of all it was my first meeting with Father, and he hasn't even met E yet! Then I rememberd that E had at one time after some church funtion in Las Vegas, said that he thought that he wanted to be a speaker and help people. E only mentioned it once, and I never really thought about doing something like that, but after Father said something, I thought that it might be a neat idea. Maybe not right now, as I'm not sure what we would say or talk about! lol. Father said that we should think about it, and he will let the new priest who is taking over know to keep us in mind.

Now, I had one other thing to talk to Father about besides the support group. That is Gabe. Gabe goes to church with us, and we pray the rosary, and have really tried to inform him of the Catholic faith. But his mother is not Catholic, and I'm not sure if they claim any particular religion just christian. I'm not sure that they even go to church very often. But Gabe has really been asking alot of questions regarding the Catholic faith. I bought these CD's of stories of the saints. They are called Holy Hero's. These are the cutest way to teach children about the lives of the siants. They are just short stories that get to the heart of what happend in each life of the saint.

We got one on Blessed Imelda Lambertini. If you havn't heard of her, you should check her out. She was a child who went into the convent at a very early age. She was too young to recieve Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and prayed every day and asked the priests if she could recieve her First Communion early. She was always told no, she had to wait till she was 13 I think the age was at that time. But one day a miricle happend and the priest said that it was God's will that Imelda recieve her first communion early. After she recieved Jesus she was left in the chapel to pray and when the other nuns came back to get her, she was smiling but unresponsive to them. She had died of happiness! I know this is a short version of the story and doesn't nearly get the awsomeness of this, but this was such an amazingly powerful story of the Blessed Sacrament!

Gabe loved that story the best. He is so amazed that Jesus is really present and is there for us. He was almost in tears when he asked why he couldn't recieve communion.
It was heartbreaking for me to have to tell him that he couldn't recieve Jesus in that way. He understood, (which just shows you how mature he is in some ways) but he was still sad. Since Gabe doesn't live with us, it's almost impossible for us to put him in some kind of Religious Ed classes.

So I went to see Father Tom about this, and he said that he will talk to Gabe the next weekend we have him, and he will get Gabe into a speed program to get him his First Pennance and First Communion before he leaves our parish!! He said that if Gabe already has learned about the sacraments and believes then it is his call if the child is ready or not. The only thing that E and I need to do is to talk to Gabes mother and make sure it is ok with her. I can't imagine denying Gabe this wonderful gift any longer. We really need your prayers that his mom agrees to this!!!

Gave is such an amazing kid. He told my sister that he wants to paint churches, and he told me that he wants to be a messenger for God like the Angel Gabriel!! How many kids say these things!? I just thnk it is so important to bring Gabe up in the true Faith. He was baptised Catholic as a baby, but that is it. ANd untill E and I got together he never even went to Church! Please keep us in your prayers tonight as we talk to his mom about this! Thank you :)

8 comments:

JellyBelly said...

Got him in my prayers!!!! How exciting!

Btw, I'm going to tell my class about Blessed Imelda! They're going to love her!

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

Love it! Praying for Gabe!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

How sweet! What a special kid.

Stacy said...

Gabe is so adorable! It's awesome when kids are so interested in religion and in God. You two are doing an amzing job with him despite the circumstances of not having him with you all the time. You are in my prayers as you talk to his mom. I pray she agrees. As for the rest of your "calling" you and E will be wonderful teachers/speakers. Usually the marriage group follows a teaching "plan" so it wouldn't be that hard to teach a group. Some parishes use textbooks to make it easier as well. I'm so happy that you both are continuing your call to the Lord and spreading the word to groups in need.

St. Rita's Roses said...

I love that story about Blessed Imelda!!! Sending prayers!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

What a blessing this conversation will be in Gabe's life. I pray so much for this precious boy and for the mother. I am so proud of you and your influence on him...wow!

Throw pillows said...

Awww so cute .. just like an angel!! Muhaa :*

peter kenneth said...

He took my heart away!! so so cute :) Throw pillows