Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Getting Caught Up

I'm a terrible blogger, I know it! Life just gets going and I don't feel like thinking sometimes, so I just get on fb and zone out! A lot has been happening so I'll give ya the run down.

1. E got a new job! YAY! It is a better paying job with great benefits. Downside to all that is that the hours aren't great, and he's been away for 4&1/2 weeks now for training. He had to go out of state for schooling for the new job, and it's a total of 6 weeks. The first few weeks were horrible for me. I cried every time we talked on the phone.(which thank goodness we were able to do every day) I can't wait for him to get back home.

2. E surprised me with a visit this past weekend! It was during the Friday tornado's that were so bad. That day I was at work, and I got really dizzy and weak feeling, so I was sent home. But I wasn't allowed to drive so my step-dad had to come pick me up. We knew there was a possibility of a tornado that day so I was actually relieved to not be at work during the storms. So I left my car at work,secretly hoping that my car would be ripped apart so we could then buy a new one! Is that bad that I thought that? Anyway I went to my parents house had lunch and took a nap, feeling much better a few hours later. I had called my Dr who said it sounded like I was dehydrated. Meanwhile, the weather was getting worse and worse. My sister had picked up her kids from school and b/c her husband was out of town for work that weekend, and she doesn't have a basement, she raced over to our parents house. At the same time, my brother who was in Indy for school had just been ahead of the storms got to the house. So there we all were watching the news just waiting for them to tell us to take cover. Then I get a text from E asking how things were going with the weather. I called him and told him what was going on, and that I was at my parents house. He then asked when I thought I would get back to our house. I said I hadn't planned on going back b/c I didn't have my car, and I was just going to stay there till the morning. He then told me that I needed to get home b/c he was there!! OMG I started crying and crying. I told him to get his butt over to my parents house asap! He couldn't b/c he didn't drive home, he rode with another guy who he was in school with who lived near us and left his truck at the hotel where he is staying. So I told everyone what was going on, and my step-dad said he would drive me home. The weather was getting really bad and as we were driving the sirens went off and I wasn't sure we were going to make it! Now I live about 10min from my parents and by the time we got to my house, the sirens were done and it stopped raining. So I ran into the house and where E was waiting for me! I have never been so glad to see him! :)
We went to the basement and watched the news, and then the sun came out. We just missed the storms, they went above us and right below us. It was a crazy day! But I was so happy that E made it home for the weekend. I needed that so bad. :)

3. The baby is doing great! She is now @ 5lbs and all her vitals look great, she is moving around all the time and the Dr is very pleased. :) Baby loves to push her butt up into my ribs and stretch my skin as far as it will go! It's getting harder to sleep at night, my belly is getting so big, and I have to pee all the time. Sometimes the baby has the hiccups and that keeps me up all night till she's done. I can't fit into my regular shoes anymore, so I had to go buy some slip on shoes that are a little big so they are not constricting my swelling feet.

4. I am swelling up all in my feet and legs! It's horrible. I hate it. It's worse on the day's that I work. I asked my Dr about taking off of work, but he said b/c I don't have high blood pressure, that he can't say that I have a medical reason for not working. Ugh! I just don't want to be at work anymore right now. I have lots to do around the house, and I hate that my legs hurt so bad when I get home. It sometimes makes me cry to see my legs and feet so huge, they look like elephant feet! I don't know if I'll make it much longer at work.

5. I'm 34 weeks!

6 I've got more belly photo's to share next time!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for posting, I've been wondering how you were doing. Glad you're doing well and the storms missed you. The weather has been a bit scarey, hasn't it?

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

So excited for you!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Can't wait for more pics! Glad to hear you are doing well. I don't know if it will help a lot, but I noticed my swelling got better when I cut back alot on my sodium intake. It might not help alot at 34 weeks though but I wanted to mention it. I hear you on the peeing! Last night I counted...and I peed 8 times in just under 12 hours. No wonder I am so sleepy!! :)

All in His Perfect Timing said...

So glad no one was hurt in the storms! Lucky!
I'm happy you were able to see your hubby and spend a little time with him. Its hard being away.
I'm glad to see that your baby is growing right on target ... can't wait for your pics!