Friday, March 16, 2012

What's In A Name?

So here I am almost 36 weeks now, I'm tired, I can't breath, I can't sleep for having to pee all night long, and I'm ready to see this baby of mine!
E is on his way home first thing tomorrow morning, I can't wait to just have him back home already!

We have a name picked out for our litle girl. It's a special name for us, and I think that it's an interesting story of how we came accross it. Other people might not think it's so exciting, but I do! lol
Here goes: I have heard this name before, but never really put much thought into it. It was pretty, but I was just positive that I would always name my daughter Gianna. Of course, after St. Gianna, what IFer wouldn't use that name? duh!
But one night I had a dream. It was so vivid and this name just kept being repeated over and over in my head. I told E about the name and he thought it was a great name. I said that I think that's going to be her name. The next day I spoke to my mother and told her what name I had picked out, and that E loved it too.
My mom told me then that there was a saint with that name and my niece (who is also my goddaughter) had just done a book report on her! WHAT!? I had never heard of a saint with that name, and I know a lot of saints! In fact I'm surprised how many people don't know very many saints. So this took me by surprise for sure. So I looked up this amazing saint. And what I found was just another reason that this name was special to us!

St Gemma Galgani (http://www.stgemmagalgani.com/) The name we are using is Gemma Rose.
As I read up on St Gemma, I found that she had at one time been very sick and almost died, but had done a novena to St Gabriel, and she was healed! OMG seriously, how freaky! We have a Gabe! That just sent chills down my spine. I loved the fact that she also had the stigmata, and was a very beautiful Italian girll. And of course we are also Italian!
I had E look her up and he was amazed at what he read also. The name just fit perfectly and all that happend with the dream and the information on her, was a sign for sure. My sister said that she believes God has a perfect name for all of us, and when God lets us in on what that name is we better listen! God wants that name for our baby, and that's what we are going to give her!

12 comments:

puff and pie said...

Nice blog, Can't wait to read more! Thanks for sharing. Not just for making pie but for writing your stories about sharing it. It's so life affirming to see more people doing nice things for others. Let's keep it going, inspiring others through good deeds and generosity, and make this world a better place.
puff & pie การบินไทย
puff & pie การบินไทย
http://puffandpie.net

puff and pie said...

10500

Donna said...

What a beautiful name! I love Gemma and I'm really partial to Rose as that was my mother's name and if we would have had children, a daughter's middle name would have been just that.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Jenny said...

Beautiful Name!!!

Emily G. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! How small the world is. I was reading some of your posts, and chuckling at Dr M's treatment of you when he told you your progesterone was way too low for you to be pg. Sometimes he comes across as kind of a killjoy, but I think he hates to see people get their hopes up only to have them come crashing down. My progesterone took a major nosedive with my most recent pregnancy, and he told me I would probably miscarry within days. Then when it miraculously pulled up five days later, he called me really early on a Saturday morning and totally freaked me out! I was like, it's got to be bad news. Then he told me it was good news. "I only hesitate to call with bad news, because I have a really hard time telling it to people, " he said. " I call as soon as I can with good news!" He's a good guy. We take our kids to him, too, and he is so gentle and patient with them.

I love the name Gemma, too. It's on my list of names to consider for another girl should we be blessed with one. I think you chose a beautiful name for your daughter.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

LOVE the name and the story behind it. Hope these last few weeks go well for you!

Lena said...

Pretty name. The first time I heard the name was last year when I met a little girl with that name. Now, I've seen in around the blog world since then.

Blessed and Broken said...

Congratulations. My cousin (and god daughter) choose St Gemma as her patron for confirmation last year. :)

Donna said...

Hi! Just checking in since we haven't heard from you in a while. Has baby Gemma arrived? Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Can't wait to hear about your gorgeous little girl! Hope to hear from ya soon, hope you are all doing well.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

You still there? Any updates? Praying all went well!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I'm friends with you on FB so I'm caught up on Gemma:) but want you to come back to the blog world!! I took a long break for a while but I'm back and its so nice to be back in touch with all these awesome girls:) hope to hear from you soon!