Friday, August 31, 2012

Love Thy Neighbor

Really?! I hate that commandment. Its so not practical. How are we to love someone who is just a thorn in our lives? I don't know how to do it. There is someone who I wish were not in my life, but I can't do anything about it. I'm being stalked on fb and can't delete this person because it would cause a major upheaval in our lives. I feel like i can't live my life! I'm so upset that this person is in my life. But I can't get rid of them. I have to learn how to love. But could someone please tell me how? This commandment sucks.. Just sayin.

3 comments:

Considerer said...

Pray lots

Ask God to show you this person as He sees them, and to operate on that basis rather than in reaction to their behaviour.

All easier said than done, I know, but accept that too, for His strength is made perfect in weakness - so embrace the weakness and let Him get on with it.

:)

ALIVEINHOPE said...

I agree with "Considerer."

Pray a lot. It may be time to have a tough talk with God. You know? The one that starts out something like this... "God, I CAN'T love this person on my own! I need YOU to love him through me."

Prayers...

Becky said...

Is it possible to give up FB if they are stalking you?

Love thy neighbor I think is a tough one for all of us. We all have that "special someone" that seems to be impossible to love. But if we're to become like Christ, then we have to surrender ourselves completely to God by loving our neighbor.

The best way to prove our love to God is always through our neighbor.

But trust me, I say this only because I struggle so much with it too.