Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Random Gemma Stuff

1. Gemma is a hoot! She giggles all the time, and especially when you play peek a boo! Her laugh is contagious! Once she starts laughing, I laugh, and that makes her laugh even more, which makes me laugh more! So yeah, we have a lot of fun some times! :)

2. She can roll, kinda. Gemma can roll from her belly to her back, and only on her right side. Almost always as soon as we put her down for "tummy time" she flips her right arm back and under her  belly and flips over! She always looks a little scared at first, then smiles real big. One time we found her on her left side up against her crib snoring away! It was adorable, and I cried b/c she went the other way!

3. Gemma doesn't always take naps. That drives me crazy! mostly because it makes her cranky. I nurse her, and rock her to sleep, and as soon as I stand up to put her in her crib, she wakes up and smiles at me. Well, of course then I can't be mad that she won't nap, but 5 min later she is crying and fussing! Some days it's a never ending cycle...

4. She puts her arms up when she wants me to pick her up. :) This one makes me melt! E has been working with her for a few months, when he goes to pick her up he will hold out his hands and tell her to give him hers. So just the past few days, when she is ready to be picked up she will hold out her arms and look at you like "come on people, pick me up!" And of course we do! And today while E was holding her, she looked at me and reached out to grab me! :) I love that girl :)

5. I may be spoiling her! And you know what? I don't care. Of course, I will dicipline her when the time is right, but I hold and kiss her all the time!

2 comments:

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

I love those baby giggles! They are so precious. We have a roller too. It's so fun when they become more mobile, huh?

Naps are hard! Does she sleep well at night? How long is she sleeping? What we've started doing is putting our little one down when she is sleepy (not rocking her to sleep completely anymore) and then letting her finish going to sleep in the crib. Some times it has actually worked. She puts herself to sleep. Other times, not so much and I end up rocking her or putting her in the swing. But we keep trying and now she puts herself to sleep maybe 50% of the time! Our girl is 4 1/2 months. I think Gemma is a little older? But I'd encourage you to start trying that and see what happens. She needs her naps and you need her to nap as well!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Sometimes C does the no-nap thing too. It's tough!! I just love the baby giggles too. :)