Saturday, January 12, 2013

Biting Help

Yes, I have a biter!! NOOOOOO!!!!! How in the world did I get a biter? Miss Gemma is always smiling and happy, and she laughs and giggles at everything. And then she will smile and bite you as hard as she can. If I tell her no, she looks right at me and laughs! WTH??!
   My poor nephew who is only 3 months old got right in her way a few days ago. Gemma loves babies, every time she sees one she can't stop smiling and giggling, and tries to kiss them. :) It is so unbelievable cute, I can't help but to smile just thinking about it. But, as she was kissing, and kissing, and kissing her cousin... E and I kept telling my sister to watch out, b/c Gemma might bite him, and she said "oh, I'm not worried"... And then poor little Jack started screaming, and Gemma looked at me, she was so scared! We told her no, and that hurt Jack (yes we know she is 9 months and can't understand anything we are saying, but we had to do something) and then she laughed! OMG... sigh..
      Does anyone out there have any tips? We tell her NO with a firm voice and I touch her cheek and tell her No Bite! That's how I got her to stop biting my nipples, but now she just bites me on my shoulder, my foot, my legs, pretty much anywhere she can. We are playing and she will scoot over to me and bite my belly! And she always laughs after. I just don't know what to do. I don't want her to turn into one of those bad kids that everyone knows is a biter.
  I'm pretty sure she's not teething again. I mean she has 4 teeth on top now and 2 on the bottom, so there is just no way she could be getting more teeth in already, right? And I'm trying to figure out if she is biting for a certain reason ... tired, hungry, mad, ect. But so far there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it at all. I think she just likes it!
     Seriously any advice would be awesome, I don't know whats wrong with this girl!

4 comments:

Arliss said...

Try this: whenever she bites, tell her "No biting" in a firm voice, and then put her down and walk away if you're holding her, or get up and walk away if you're playing on the ground. Right now, she gets a reaction from you, and that's what she's going for.

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Thanks Arliss I will try that.

prayerfuljourney said...

I like the comment of Arliss. I work with 3 year olds that bite and we have to give them an immediate time out and a firm "No biting". It's tough sometimes.
You might also want to keep teethers available for her to keep biting on since she is so young and her teeth are coming in.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Luke loves biting me on the face. Weird I know. I will try Arliss' suggestion too.